Call for Poster Presentation- NOTA 2015 Conference
The Nebraska Occupational Therapy Association is soliciting entries for a Poster Session, to be held at NOTA’s Annual Conference in Omaha at Immanuel Medical Center, 6901 North 72nd St., March 20th and 21st, 2015.
All presenters are responsible for their own conference registration and expenses. Conference information available at: http://www.notaonline.org/
Entries must be received by December 1st, 2014. All presenters will be notified of their acceptance by January 16th, 2015.
Posters may be on any topic relevant to occupational therapy practice and continuing education will be provided for those who view the posters. Practitioners and students are encouraged to apply. Here are the suggested guidelines:
1. Poster themes must address occupational therapy practice
2. Posters should be approximately 3 feet x4 feet and must be able to stand alone on an easel (you must provide the easel), a table top (i.e., on a tri-fold board) or be taped with wallpaper-safe tape to a wall (wallpaper-safe tape will not be provided)
3. The top entries will be selected by members of the NOTA Continuing Education Committee
4. Posters must be set up for display by 4:30 p.m. until 6 p.m. on Friday, March 20th and from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday March 21st.
Click here to complete the poster presentation form for submission. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 NOTA Conference: Cultivate, Grow and Thrive!
Join us Friday, March 20th and Saturday, March 21st , 2015 for the NOTA Conference located in Omaha at Immanuel Rehab Hospital. Up to 11 CEUs available! This year’s line-up:
Friday will feature fieldwork entry level expectations and a keynote address from inspirational OT Maggi Pivovar: After undergoing bilateral below the knee amputations as a result of her brave battle with meningitis, Maggi will share her return to OT practice and what drove her to get out of bed each morning.
Saturday will feature breakfast with our NOTA Lobbyist, 3 tracks for clinicians focused on pediatric practice, adults/geriatric practice, and community/non-traditional practice. Friday night cocktail hour, Saturday breakfast and lunch will be provided, along with door prizes, vendors, and poster presentations.
Save the date! We hope to see you there!
Research Study Participants Needed
Title: Occupational Therapy Professionals’ Perception of Qualities of Preparedness of a Skilled School-Based Practitioner
Describe current school-based practice based on experience, age groups, and common diagnoses
· Determine how prepared occupational therapy professionals feel to enter the school-based practice setting
· Describe learning experiences professionals have used after education from their entry-level program to improve their knowledge and skills in school-based practice
· Determine which learning experiences were most valuable and helpful
· Describe future learning needs of practitioners
The survey link is as follows: https://www.blueq-surveys.creighton.edu/se.ashx?s=46BEEE7F197EE3EB
Participants must have at least one year of experience as an OTR/L or COTA within the last 2 years to meet inclusion criteria. Answering the survey questions takes about 20-25 minutes and will contribute to the body of knowledge about OT professionals in school-based practice. Participation is anonymous and is much appreciated by the researchers.